I offer lively speeches
and interactive sessions
on applied digital psychology.
If you’re interested in having me
speak at your next event,
Here are some of my past talks:
- HUGE number of speaking gigs to update (2015-present)
- Health Behaviour Change Technology (26 Sep 2014) HPO Conference, Toronto, Canada
- Persuasive Psychology for Interactive Design (23 February 2013) PodCamp Toronto, Ryerson University
- Social Psychology for Social Media (20 February 2013) York University
- Feedback and persuasive interventions (12 February 2013) Consumer Informatics and Public Health, University of Toronto
- The Epistemology of Web Metrics: How to critically assess metrics and reach conclusions (7 February 2013) Metrics 101, Centennial College
- Countering Online Extremists with Persuasive e-Campaigning (28 Aug 2012) Cyber Influence Project, United States Department of Defense (The Pentagon)
- Digital persuasion to attract and retain talent (23 August 2012) Social HR Camp Toronto
- Freako-Network Analysis — Social Network Analysis and International Relations (26 June 2012) Toronto Data Science Group
- Psychology of Social Media in Human Resources (7 June 2012 ) Radical Planet
- Workshop on the social psychology of social media (25 February 2012) PodCamp Toronto, Ryerson University
- Digital Persuasion Equation – The science of online influence (20 July 2011) eat:Strategy
- Workshop on the psychology of websites & social media (2 June 2011) AlterSpark
- Managing Your Relationships (10 May 2011) Tech Soup Canada, Net Tuesdays
- The psychology of websites and social media campaigns (26 February 2011) PodCamp 2011
- Health Promotion with Social Media (1 February 2011) University of Toronto, Centre for Global eHealth Innovation
- Health changing websites–AlterSpark and the Heart & Stroke Foundation of Ontario (29 November 2010) Cause2Market Meetup
- Internet Research Methods and Impact Evaluations (15 October 2010) Global Citizens Forum, Reaching the Canadian Public
- Social Media for Public Relations and Citizen Engagement (15 October 2010) Global Citizens Forum, Reaching the Canadian Public
- Internet Research Methods for Impact Evaluations (TOP RATED) (5 October 2010) Canadian Evaluation Society Annual Conference
- Basic Efficiency Resource: A Framework for Measuring the Relative Performance of Multi-Unit Programs (4 October 2010) Canadian Evaluation Society Annual Conference
- Third Tuesday Measurement Matters (4 October 2010) Third Tuesday and Thornley Fallis
- Advocacy Evaluation Case Study:Evaluating Oxfam’s Climate Change Campaign (24 September 2010) Center for Evaluation Innovation’s community of practice webinars
- The Psychology of Mass-Interpersonal Behavioural Change Websites (2009) Medicine 2.0., Centre for Global eHealth Innovation
- Communication-Based Influence Components Model (2009) Persuasive 09, University of Claremont.
- Selling e-Campaign Behaviours like e-Commerce Products (2008) World Social Marketing Conference, National Social Marketing Centre
- Website Credibility, Active Trust and Behavioural Intent (2008) Persuasive 08, University of Oulu.
- A Social Marketing Website You Can Trust (2007) National Social Marketing Conference, National Social Marketing Centre.
- Can Brotherhood be Sold Like Soap…Online? (2007) Persuasive 07, Stanford University
- Online Social Marketing: Investigating Online Interaction and Offline Behavioural Change (2007) Communication Technologies of Empowerment. University of Leeds
- Internet psychology, persuasion and the media equation (2007) eCampaign Forum, Fair Say, the Oxford Internet Institute, and Oxfam
- The Digital Pulse of an International Anti-Poverty Campaign (2006) Information, Communication & Society 10th Anniversary International Symposium, York University
- Methodology and Findings from a Review of Campaign Websites (2006) Quantitative Methods for Internet Research, University of Wales.
- Presentation on International Volunteer Day 2003 Report (2004) The International Society for Third-Sector Research (ISTR) conference
- Social Marketing, the Internet and Volunteerism (2001) The International Symposium on Volunteering, Geneva, Switzerland